Please Follow the below directions and you should have no problems!
- The discussion of illegal activities is not permitted. This includes software piracy, game "cracks," among other things.
- Do not ask for or give out serial numbers.
- Do not share accounts. Accounts created with stolen or shared serial numbers will be banned.
- Do not post copyrighted material. This includes text from game guides.
- No Swearing. Foul language will not be tolerated. Swearing via substitution of key letters with symbols is against the rules.
- No Flaming. No Trolling. Flaming is intentionally posting hurtful, insulting, or harassing messages to others. Trolling is deliberately posting sarcastic, off topic, or rude remarks in order to incite a fight on the boards. Take the high road and be polite. Respect others even if their opinions differ from yours. If you disagree with someone, you are free to do so politely, but please don't make it personal.
- No Spamming or Flooding. Flooding or spamming means posting disruptive numbers of messages, including posting the same message in multiple forums. This also includes "bumping" threads multiple times. "Bumping" a thread is when someone posts "bump" or anything similar in their thread to keep it on the first page of threads. Doing this once or twice is fine, but multiple times within a short period of time is considered spamming. Use your bumps sparingly.
- Please do not post personal information (i.e. your age, contact info, pictures, etc.). We have many community members who are underage and we need to do our best to protect them.
- Do not impersonate anyone else on the BBS. This includes moderators, EA employees, other members, celebrities, or anyone else. This includes using a screen name that uses the words "SimGuru" or "Moderator".
Guidelines for Courteous Posting:
- Keep your posts relevant to the section they are in. For example, posts in the Technical Help section should relate to gameplay and technical issues. Posts not relating to the section they are posted in may be deleted.
- Do not post entire messages in ALL CAPS or post multiples of words in extra-large font. This is considered shouting. Shouting is not polite. Find a less "noisy" way to emphasize your ideas.
- Do not post messages with a number of repeated symbols, multiple exclamation marks or multiple question marks. (For example: ~ ~, **, !!!, ???) Do not post blank or "no text" messages.
- Do not include religious, political or blatantly controversial content in your signature. This is not the place to debate politics or religion. Signatures that include references to these topics are considered inappropriate, just as it would in a post. Linking to pirated content and harmful content, such as trojan horses or adult-themed content is also inappropriate.
- Confine your signature to three lines or less. Keep the content of your post easy on the eyes and focused. Having a lengthy signature distracts and clutters the board.
- Do not create multiple threads for one topic or post your thread in every category.This includes spamming advertisements of your website. Simply choose the one most fitting for your post. Try to include all your points in a single thread. You may post a link to your website once or twice, but not repeatedly. You can also advertise your website in your signature or My Page.
- Make your subject titles as direct and descriptive as possible. Simply writing, "Help" is not informative. A better subject might be, "I Need Help with The Sims 3 Create A Movie."
- Do not post threads with misleading thread titles. (For example: Subject Thread Title: "Look what I discovered!" -- Actual Subject Text: "Where can I find cheats?")
- Do not hijack threads. Hijacking means to redirect the topic of a thread. Keep your replies relevant to the original poster's thread.
If you spot a thread or post that's violating the forum rules/Terms of Service, please post me a message and I will deal with it ASAP!
Thanks for reading and happy Simming!